Kala Chana - 1cup (sprouted)
Garlic - 3 cloves or more if you like it garlicky
Red Chilli - 2 teaspoon
Jeera seeds - 1 teaspoon
Water - 2 or 3 cups (depending on the gravy you want)
Ghee - 1 table spoons
Salt to taste
1. Boil the sprouted chana.
2. Cook the chana till well done - I used a pressure cooker and cooked for three whistles.
3. In a large pan add cooked chana, salt and the water. Let this come to a rolling boil. I mashed some chana's to give the gravy little thickness.
4. Keep in aside in a serving bowl.
1. Heat ghee.
2. Add jeera and let it change color but do not burn it.
3. Add garlic and let it sizzle no need for it to change color.
4. Switch off the gas and add red chili powder.
Enjoy with rice and papad or roti and sabji.
|Kala Channa with gravy|
|Yesterday's dinner - kala channa, Guvar and flash fried chillies.|
|R enjoying dinner:) He eats rice with a fork!!|