Tomatoes (ripe) - 6 no medium size
Poppy seeds (white) - 4 spoons (soak in hot water for 5 mins)
Green chili - 2 no (more if you like it hotter)
Jeera seeds - 1tbl Spoon
Curry leaves - a few
Turmeric powder - just a pinch
Salt to taste
1. Grind the soaked poppy seeds and the green chilies to a smooth paste.
2. Chop the tomatoes into cubes.
3. Take your wok or kadhai and add little oil. Heat it.
4. Now add jeera seeds and wait for it change color but do not burn it.
5. Now add curry leaves and immediately the chopped tomatoes.
6. Add salt and add turmeric.
7. Let the tomatoes sweat a little but not become a mush.
8. Now add the poppy seeds paste and a little water to make the gravy.
9. Let it simmer for 3 mins and garnish with cilantro.
Serve with roti, paratha or rice.
|Tomatoe Khus Khus|